OMG can you guys believe it is December 1st! This year has been the slowest fastest year ever and we are just one month away from 2021! I know I can’t be the only one who is SO READY for a new year! But before we close out this year, we have to do December right! How to do that?! BAKE ALL THE CHRISTMAS COOKIES!
I have SO many fun, easy and delish Christmas cookie and treat recipes! This is also your reminder that you do NOT have to “healthify” these treats! You are absolutely allowed to eat the REAL deal things… the ones with the butter, sugar, and flour (like these)! I also want to make it clear that you can definitely make the healthified versions but if you do, make sure it’s something you actually WANT and not because you feel obligated to! This recipe is a feel-good recipe and if these kinds of recipes give you fear and anxiety, I encourage you to challenge those thoughts, face your fears, and give yourself permission to ENJOY!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (1 egg with egg and yolk separated + 1 additional egg white)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 14 Kraft Caramels
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg yolk, milk, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk 2 egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Place chopped pecans in another bowl.
- Roll chilled dough into 1 – 1½ inch balls, dip in egg whites and then roll into the pecans. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Use ½ teaspoon spoon, or thumb to make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let cool.
- Place caramels and cream in a small bowl and microwave until smooth, stopping and stirring occasionally.
- Fill indentations in a cookie with caramel mixture.